Our school uniform is designed to be comfortable and practical throughout the year. All items of school uniform and equipment should be clearly and permanently named with full name and class. See policy
To avoid unnecessary expense and wastage the transition to King's branded items is proceeding gradually. Both King's and Queen's logos can be expected to be seen for the next year or two.
All items with a logo can be purchased from The Shoe Station, Kew Village.
School Uniform, including PE kit is compulsory
Items with logo:
- Red sweatshirt/cardigan
- Red polo t-shirt
- ‘K’ PE t-shirt
- Reading Folder- (KS1)/ Red school backpack (optional)
- PE bag (optional)
- Waterproof jacket (optional)
Items without logo:
These items can be purchased from any retailer :
- Grey - school trousers/ shorts/skorts/ culottes/ skirt/ pinafore
- Grey/red/white socks
- Red / grey tights
- Black/red shoes/ or plain, non-marking, non-flashing trainers ( black or navy) (no open-toe/slip-on shoes or boots)
- Red gingham summer dress
- Red cap/hat (with logo)
PE kit :
In Reception and KS1, pupils will come in to school in their PE kit on PE days. In KS2, pupils will keep their PE kit in school and change for PE lessons.
- ‘K’ red PE t-shirt
- Navy PE shorts/ skorts/ leggings/ tracksuit bottoms
- Navy sweatshirt/fleece (optional)
- Trainers for KS2 - Plimsolls or trainers for Reception and KS1
- If your child does not have a King's or Queen's backpack, their bag must be small enough to fit in school lockers.
- Writing resources are provided in school. Upper KS2 pupils may bring in a small pencil case for personal stationery items (this will remain in their tray)- to be advised by year group.
Jewellery- stud earrings and watches are the only jewellery allowed. Any jewellery worn for religious reasons should be supported by a letter from parents.
No nail varnish/tattoos.
- Hair that falls below the top of the collar should be neatly tied back.
- No head scarves (unless they are worn for reasons of religious observance)
- No thick head bands, large hair ties or bows are allowed and any accessories worn should be plain red.
Sun cream containers are not allowed in school. Pupils should come to school with their sun cream already applied, which will last throughout the day. Each pupil should have a named water bottle and a sun hat to wear outside.