"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." - Ephesians 6: 19-20
At the start of each new school year, one girl and one boy from each class in Years 2-6 are invited to apply to be a Faith Ambassador. A Faith Ambassador “Job Description” is shared with the children, so they are aware of what is expected of them. Children who wish to be considered as a Faith Ambassador are required to prepare a short speech to their class to explain why they feel they would be a good Faith Ambassador. If there is more than one girl and/or boy interested in being a Faith Ambassador, then an election will take place.
Faith Ambassadors will be required to carry out these roles within the school:
- To prepare and help with the running of Collective Worship by; getting ready and putting away the Worship Table; managing the laptop, projector and screen for the Worship Leader by playing entrance and exit music, showing any linked slides and video clips (for Years 5 and 6 only)
- Be responsible for looking after Prayer Spaces in classrooms.
- To monitor Prayer Boxes in classrooms.
- To help plan, lead and participate in Class, Key Stage and Whole School Worship (Yrs 3-6 only).
- To look after the school Prayer Trees and update the prayers on display throughout the year.
- To help and support the use of the Prayer Garden by the school community.
- To write and read out prayers and reflections in the Eucharist and Church Services.
- Meet with teachers to discuss new ideas for the school linked to being a Faith Ambassador.
- Represent The King’s School at special events and occasions.